If you’re staying in Ronda for a few days and your hotel or accommodation doesn’t have its own pool, why not take advantage of the Manolo López Municipal swimming pool in Ronda? A great place where you can go swimming during the summer months.
The Ronda City Council opened this public swimming pool in the summer of 2022. It is an outdoor municipal pool with a capacity for more than a thousand people and located in the newly urbanized area next to the city’s football and sports ground.
The pool was named after local Rondeño Manolo López in his memory, as he was an active promoter of cooperativism in the Ronda region, and this project would have been greatly appreciated by him. There are picnic areas, a children’s playground, a main pool, and a smaller pool for children.
The pools are surrounded by a pleasant grassy area with built-in shades, toilets, and changing rooms. There is outdoor parking with more than 150 spaces, some of which are shaded, and a bar/restaurant where you can enjoy food and drinks.
Opening times for the Manolo López Municipal swimming pool in Ronda
Its a bit odd here in Spain because for many Northern Europeans it´s “pool” weather for a good part of the year. However most public pools in the towns and villages here in the Serranía only open during the summer months. You can guarantee that they will be open from second half of June, all of July, all of August and the first week of September.
Opening times for the Manolo López Municipal swimming pool in Ronda are 11 am to 8 pm every day (during the summer months mentioned above.) Entry prices are 4 euros for adults and 2 euros for children.
How to get to the public swimming pool in Ronda
- Address: Piscina Público Manolo López Municipal, Arrabal Sector Este, 5, 29400 Ronda, Málaga
Its quite a long way from the centre of Ronda, Puente Nuevo or Old Town of Ronda (over 2 KM) so if you don’t have a car its better to take a taxi or bus.
Look out for “Linea 1” of the urban service at the bus stops. This line runs 7 days a week to the public swimming pool in Ronda. (When the pool is open during the summer months.)
If you do want to explore another part of Ronda then here are the walking instructions:
Check with your hotel or the tourist office to make sure the public swimming pool in Ronda is open before you set off! It’s a good half an hours walk from the puente nuevo, parador, bullring zone.
- From the Puente Nuevo walk past the Parador, towards the entrance to the bullring and take the right turn up the main shopping street Calle Espinel (La Bola)
- Walk right to the top of “La Bola“
- Turn right onto The Avenida de Malaga for about 400 metres then turn right onto Ignacio Huelin Vallejo
- About 100 metres further on take Calle Polo
- 200 metres and continue on Calle Manuel Siles Gracián
- After about 100 metres take the right turn onto Calle Andrés Aguilar Gracián
- You’ll see the swimming pool after about 500 metres not far from the Lidl supermarket.
Top tips for the municipal swimming pool in Ronda
- Get there early. Ronda has quite a large population and even though its a big pool it can get very busy.
- Take advantage of the cheaper entry fees that start at 5pm.
- Take plenty of water with you.
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s rays.
- Bring a hat, sunglasses, and a cover-up for when you’re not in the water.
- Bring your own towels.
- Follow the pool rules and regulations to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Respect the lifeguards’ instructions and pay attention to their signals.
- Avoid bringing glass containers or any other objects that could cause harm in the pool area.
- Keep an eye on your personal belongings, and do not leave them unattended.
- Be mindful of others and share the pool space equally.
- Have fun and enjoy your time at the pool!
The best hotels with swimming pools in Ronda and surrounding areas.
Ronda Today has compiled a list of many of the hotels in Ronda and surrounding areas with a swimming pool.
The Caminito del Rey
Find tickets for the Caminito del Rey: https://www.caminodelrey.es/
Wildside Holidays – Spain
Take a trip on the Wildside! Discover the wildlife and nature of Spain, its Natural and National Parks and find the top wildlife, activity and walking holiday companies.
Iberia Nature Forum
Struggling with identifying those bugs and beasties? Why not check out the Iberia nature Forum!
Discover the Iberia Nature Forum – Environment, geography, nature, landscape, climate, culture, history, rural tourism and travel.