Originally built at the end of the 15th century and beginning of the 16th century the church was dedicated to Santa Cecilia who at the time of the reconquest was enjoying a great deal of popularity as the patron saint of musicians and churches.
The tower and entrance of Padre Jesús is gothic having been part of the original church, the remainder is renaissance period.
In fact the street where Nuestro Padre Jesús is located is still known as Calle Santa Cecilia, though these days the church itself has been rededicated to Our Father Jesus. Part of every tour of Ronda, Nuestro Padre Jesus is not open to the public, it is a working parish church so is only open for mass, confession, and private prayer.
Every Friday a special service is held in honor of the image of Jesus Christ that is kept permanently in this church. The tower is part of the original gothic church built after the reconquest, but the remainder of the church was rebuilt in 1755 in renaissance style.
Vicente Espinel, one of Ronda’s most famous sons who was a poet, musician and philosopher was baptised in this very church. So too were Rios Rosas, a politician in the Spanish national government, and perhaps most famous of them all, Cayetano Ordóñez, otherwise known as Niño de La Palma, the founder of the second great bullfighting dynasty in Ronda.
The Ocho Caños fountain is visible in front of the church. Look out for the statue of Aniya la Gitana between the church and the school next to the church, both are on Calle Santa Cecilia. Aniya was during the late 19th and early 20th century considered the greatest female flamenco singer and guitarist in Spain, and she was born here in Ronda.
Latitude: 36.740423 (36° 44′ 25.52” N)
Longitude: -5.162780 (5° 9′ 46.01” W)